Tools for teaching key concepts in number and operations and for addressing common misconceptions.
by Linda Dacey and Anne Collins
Well-known authors, Linda Dacey and Anne Collins share tools for teaching key concepts in number and operations and for addressing common misconceptions.
Each spiral bound flipbook provides thirty research-based, classroom-tested modules that zero in on the key mathematical strategies and concepts essential for that grade level, while highlighting the importance of teacher language in the development of those skills.
Spiral-bound flipchart format makes it easy to access the important sections in each module. Includes ideas for adjusting activities to meet individual needs, indispensable for RTI.
Zeroing In On Numbers & Operations, Gr. 1-2 includes:
- Subitizing, or recognizing sets
- Making connections among representations of number
- Counting on and back
- Understanding that ten is both ten ones and one ten
- Recognizing patterns in our numeration system
- Understanding multiple meanings of addition and subtraction
- Composing and decomposing numbers
- Using basic fact strategies and recall
- Performing computation strategies for adding & subtracting two- & three-digit numbers