Tools for teaching key concepts in number & operations, and addressing common misconceptions.
by Linda Dacey and Anne Collins
Well-known authors, Linda Dacey and Anne Collins share tools for teaching key concepts in number and operations and for addressing common misconceptions.
Each spiral bound flipbook provides thirty research-based, classroom-tested modules that zero in on the key mathematical strategies and concepts essential for that grade level, while highlighting the importance of teacher language in the development of those skills.
Spiral-bound flipchart format makes it easy to access the important sections in each module. Includes ideas for adjusting activities to meet individual needs, indispensable for RTI.
Zeroing In On Numbers & Operations, Gr. 3-4 includes:
- Basic facts and algorithms for addition and subtraction
- Meanings of multiplication and division
- Basic facts and comuptation strategies for multiplication and division
- Patterns in our numeration system & number sense encompassing greater numbers (e.g., ten thousands and hundred thousands) as well as tenths and hundredths
- Commutative, associative, and distributive properties
- Connections among number models and representations (whole numbers, fractions, and decimals)
- Meaning of fractions
- Equivalent fractions
- Ordering of fractions and decimals