Zeroing In On Numbers & Operations, Gr.7-8
Tools for teaching key concepts in number and operations and for addressing common misconceptions.
by Linda Dacey and Anne Collins
Well-known authors, Linda Dacey and Anne Collins share tools for teaching key concepts in number and operations and for addressing common misconceptions.
Each spiral bound flipbook provides thirty research-based, classroom-tested modules that zero in on the key mathematical strategies and concepts essential for that grade level, while highlighting the importance of teacher language in the development of those skills.
Spiral-bound flipchart format makes it easy to access the important sections in each module. Includes ideas for adjusting activities to meet individual needs, indispensable for RTI.
Zeroing In On Numbers & Operations, Gr.7-8 includes:
- Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic using the uniqueness of the prime factorization for any given composite number
- Characteristics of whole numbers including primes, composites, evens, odds, square, cubic, and triangular numbers
- Properties of integers to include commutative, associative, distributive, identity, and inverse
- Rational numbers to include equivalencies among fraction, decimal, and percent representations and location of rational numbers on the number line
- Operations on all rational numbers to include fractions, decimal, integers, positive and negative exponents to include the multiplicative identity property
- Rational numbers to include division to represent any fraction as a decimal including fractions that represent infinite decimals
- Ratio and proportionality including rates and scaling
- Ratio as rate of change and its connection to slope
- Ratio tables and their connection to multiplication
Aligned to Common Core and NCTM Standards.